Things have been pretty exciting in California. While the fire seems to be finally gone (you never know in this kind of weather!), the migration of animals to suburbia and the heat are still around.
My good ears heard little tapping feet squirming in the kitchen. Red beans doubled bagged in its original packaging and a 99 Ranch Market bag were broken into.
The mice problem should have been tipped off when we got back from Japan. Bags of peanuts, cashews, and almonds were chewed through. The remaining crumbs were intermingled with little black pellets. But the Chinese solution is to just double bag everything. No pest will work that hard to get food! Yet the dispersed beans proved that a more extreme measure had to be taken. Off to Home Depot.
Not too long after the mice problem, we were greeted with a more smelly problem. The scent of a skunk would seep into the house, most notably near my room. I've heard of skunks letting out its scent as a fear response, but...man...I could swear that this skunk was doing it to declare this house as its property. It was as if it was telling all the other animals nearby "Stay away from my territory." Turns out, one skunk had burrowed itself under the house and died. Unable to regulate when it will "fart" anymore, its scent lingers and roams freely and picks up whenever the wind blows.
And there was today. After being on the NBC lot for seven hours, I came back to my car and noticed the peacock feather I left on the passenger seat was stuck to the window on the driver's side. Glancing around, I quickly saw a deformed can. The carbonation trapped inside pushed the top of can to its breaking point. All I can say is...can of soda mixed with heat and direct sunlight do not make for a good combination.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment